Saturday, May 23, 2009

Where's my Epiphany???

I am married. I am married. Which means there are many jobs that come with it. I have to make sure that my husband knows how much money we have. I need to know what our weekend schedules are. I have to make sure the bills are paid and we budget enough. I need to make sure he knows where he is going. I need to motivate him everyday to get up and go to work. I love him unconditionally no matter what stupid thing he may do. I am always there to pick up the pieces. And the most important, I have to be nice to his mother whether I like her or not.

I have only been married for a few short weeks and I have many wifely things I have had to deal with. It's interesting to me how much has changed since our wedding. Before Greg had to take care of himself. I couldn't call the hospital for him and get payment options set up. He would call the doctor for himself and make the appointments on his own. But yesterday I called the hospital to set up payment plans for Greg's visit. The woman asked if I was his wife and I said yes ma'am. She allowed me to set it up without him at all. It was crazy.

So things have changed but I still don't feel married. At least until the mail came today. I received my new Social Security Card. It said, "Meghan Catherine Wheeler." Wow, I really am Mrs. Wheeler now. I love it, I really do but there was no big epiphany. Nothing feels different. Maybe it was because we have lived together for so long. Maybe theoretically we have been married for quite sometime now. Who knows why? But I do know even though I don't feel different, I have taken on more responsibility. I can do things that I was unable to do before which could be good or bad.

I only wish that I could have that one moment where I am jolted back into reality and realize I am married to the greatest person in the world. Maybe it isn't a feeling, or an emotion. Its a state of mind. I don't know. I do know that I couldn't be happier, epiphany or not.

1 comment:

  1. Epiphany!!! There it is...I just hit you over the head with it....I'll call you soon, I haven't had a free moment in the last two weeks with finals and work..but I'll find one I promise..I have to finish cleaning my room though!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete