Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jobs Where Are You? Come Find Me Please!!

Still no signs of jobs for either of us. Good news is Greg can collect unemployment so at this point out of the two of us I would rather be the one to get a job. At least then we would have 2 incomes and his will last until next July which is good.

We are however incredibly depressed and at an all time low emotionally but at an all time high of our relationship. We have for so long lived on so little, that living on nothing isn't much different. I hear people complaining about their jobs that get them $40,000 a year. I would kill to make them. I don't know what I would do! I would feel like I was rich!! I don't understand why I feel this way but I do. If I made that and Greg made that we would be out of debt and living quite comfortably. But nope we are used to making a combined income of $25,000 or less so I suppose no money isn't much different.

We are getting things done around the house and are thinking of putting together a list of things we might be able to sell. I have a right he gave me that I don't wear anymore and he is thinking about selling his watch. I have also flirted with idea of selling my wedding dress. I don't want to but if it pays rent this month I will. I also might sell my coach purses but not sure yet! Is it something I want to do, no but it will take care of my family and that is what matters to me.

Please keep is both in you prayers. I will keep you updated on things going on. Thanks! Encouraging word are welcomed!

1 comment:

  1. Kyle and I were in the same situation when we first got together. I had lost my job at a bank and he was barely making 12 an hour. We managed for about 6 months and I finally got a crappy job that paid 6.50/hr at a dry cleaners. You do what you gotta do. If it means working at a gas station (which I've seen a few hiring) or working at a crappy fast food place, whatever brings in more money ya know?

    And just so you know, I sold my wedding dress (I figured I'd rather have something my daughter would be able to alter and fit into (I was a size 7 at the time, SUPER SKINNY) then make her wear mine.. and girl, if you plan on selling those coach purses, you message me and I'll forward on.. I know some girls (including me) that would love a coach purse at a discounted price!

    Hugs to you,
    Abby Wilson-Everett

    ReplyDelete