Friday, March 25, 2011

One Year Old

In 2 very short weeks Jacob will be turning a year old and that scares the you know what out of me. When did this happen?? I mean he was just an newborn right?? WRONG!! He has been growing so fast so quickly. Everyday it is something new. Yesterday he said "Nana" to my mom and it made her cry. This week we have been weaning off the bottle and formula and he only has one a day now and is almost on the cup 100%. He is standing alone and trying to take a step but he can't keep his balance. So much is changing and I just can't even believe he is so big already!! We are planning his birthday party which won't be until May 1st because of how busy the location we want it at is. But I am okay with that because things at my house have been really busy and I could use an extra month to plan it out. Plus April is going to be a busy month. I am going to Georgia near the middle of April for a few days which I am so excited about.

My Aunt (Dad's Sister) was a professor at Georgia State and since she passed away 10 years ago they always give out a scholarship in her name. My grandmother goes EVERY year except last year and I have always wanted to go but usually I am in school or getting ready to get married, or recovering from a c-sect but not this year. This year I have nothing going on during this time and Jake is at the age I can take him with me and he will do fine on the airplane. So we are going and I am so excited. I have not seen my aunt's colleagues since I was a kid and it will be so exciting to have them all meet Jacob. My aunt was not fortunate enough to have children and so I was her pride and joy. There isn't a day that goes by I don't think of her. She was the most amazing person I have ever known. She overcame so much in her life and I only wish she was here to see me with Jacob. She would have gone nuts over him and would have probably moved down her to be closer to us. I miss her so much! I knew growing up that she would always be there to talk to when times got rough and I wish she was here now because I could definitely use her great advice. Okay I have to stop talking about her because I am crying.

So anyway April will be rather busy! I also have started my own Scentsy business which is awesome. It is a great company to be working with and it has great products. If you are interested you should contact me for more info. So April is going to be busy busy!! There is so much more going on in my life but I don't feel like getting into. Just please pray for me and Jacob and that God turns us to the right direction. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the March!! Have a great weekend all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment