Saturday, June 20, 2009

Clearer Head

So after the initial shock of a negative response, I cried, snuggled with my husband and talked out our baby plan. I think that we are going to continue to use birth control for now at least. Especially with all the comments, like "Why do you want to be pregnant at your age?" and "Congrats you didn't want a baby anyway right?" I don't think anyone realized the multitude of hurt that those comments brought. I understand why a baby would entail, I know that its expensive and stressful but more anything I have always wanted to be a mom! I know that it will put a strain on Greg and I's relationship but I think if we are going have a baby it shouldn't mess our relationship up! If our relationship can't survive a baby then we shouldn't have gotten married. I have never seen Greg glow as much as he did when he thought he was going to be a dad. At this point if we have a baby, we have a baby! We would never abort or adopt so what's the problem. If God thinks we are ready then we will have one. It is no one business to say or give "advice" about something that have no say in!

I am sick and tired of people budding in! Everyone wanted a say in our wedding and when I walked down the aisle it didn't feel like my wedding at all. I compromised so much for everyone else that it became about them and not me. If Greg and I decide to try to get pregnant no one should give us "advice" against, no one should tell us what to do, because they aren't the ones who will be having the baby, we are! I have enough advice this week!

So now that I have gotten my rant out in other news, lots of work, lots kids and lots of sun! I am doing much better sick wise! Probably some hormonal thing, you know us woman!! Other than that just spending tons of time with Greg and enjoying working again!! Last night we went out with his mom and had drinks at Charlie's! She was a little lit and we had a blast dancing!! So things with her are finally looking up!! She really seems to be trying which is great because I want to be close to her!! I want her to be there for me when I need a motherly opinion!! Hope everyone has a great weekend and week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment