Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Baby Doesn't Care if Your Sick

So this isn't the first time I have felt sick since I had Jacob but I think this is the first time where I have felt so awful I didn't want to get out of bed. Before Jacob came, if I was sick, I stayed in bed, I slept and didn't really have to do too much. Now with Jacob he still gets up at 7 am to eat and still wants to be played with all day and although he has been an angel while I have felt bad, it really doesn't matter to him that I am sick. He still needs to be fed and changed. This is the first time I can honestly say that motherhood is hard. Yes sleepless night are difficult but you get used to it. This is truly hard because I am sick, I am very tired and all I want to do is lay in bed and I can't. As soon as I would close my eyes for a nap, Jacob would wake up and need a bottle. I thank God for Greg though because he came home, saw how exhausted I was and let me nap for an hour and a half. After a 9 hour day he came home and played with Jacob and cleaned the house while I slept. Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight but I am not counting on it. I haven't slept the whole night through in a week. Jacob is sleeping through the night but I'm not.

It is going to be a long weekend. My dad is in town for a few days helping my grandparents move into their new house. Jacob has his 4 month appointment on Monday and I have a check up too! Hopefully all will go well. Sunday will hopefully be filled with a whole lot of nothing!! We are trying to find a home for our cat Shadow but I don't see that happening so we will probably take him to a shelter. It is sad but he has just become a handful and I can't care for all the cats and Jacob. All in all though it should be a good weekend. I just want to feel better and hopefully I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment