Sunday, August 1, 2010

Teeth, Work, and Formula Oh My!

Well this week Jacob got his first two teeth. They came in on the bottom and I can't believe my little baby has teeth already, and not just one, but TWO!! He is just growing up a little too fast for me. I also just put more clothes in the box of too small. That made me sad because I feel like he only wore them once. Hopefully since 12 months has a larger range they will last longer.

I have been doing a lot of research for work from home but man, it seems nowadays everything is a scam. When Greg and I talked about me going back to work, it seemed like a great idea until we found out how much it was going to cost to put Jacob in childcare. We quickly realized that I would be only be working so he could be watched. Didn't seem very logical to us so we gave up on that idea. So I figured if I could work from home I could make money and be home with him but nothing seems legit. It either costs a ton to start or you have to sell things to your friends. I know that my friends would hate me if I was down their throats about selling things so that's a no go.

We did get some government help this last week from a program called WIC, Women, Infants and Children. It gives us a card which gives a monthly balance of groceries we are allotted. It doesn't cover everything but it covers formula which costs the most and milk which is awesome. All in all I think we will be saving quite a bit of money on this program. When Jacob turned 6 months though we will no longer get milk, cheese and eggs, only formula and baby food. But we get that until he turns 1 so that is good. I only wish I had jumped on this band wagon sooner. The appointment was very quick and they took Greg's income into account and since I really don't work we got approved easily. We had physicals which might I add Jacob weighs 16 pounds and 5 ounces. He is such a big boy now!! Then we watched a movie and got our card and we were all set. I have already gone to store and it is super easy. Much easier then I had anticipated.

This month is going to be SUPER busy. This week I work Tuesday, have my Mommy Group over Wednesday, Dad coming into town Thursday and then it's my last weekend with Greg before I go out of town. Jacob, my mom and I leave the 13th for a week vacation to Branson, MO. Hopefully we will have some company up there. Then we come home and on the 28th Greg, Jacob and I have a wedding to go to in Jacksonville TX. My best friend from Middle School is getting married and I am so excited for her. So all in all it is going to be a busy month. Then the kids go back to school and I will no longer being working. Bummer!! I love my kids I take care of. It is going to fly by though I am sure.

Also I had my first social event since I gave birth to Jacob. It was a Bridal Shower for said friend getting married and it was a blast catching up with friends from school. I did leave early because I knew Jacob would be up 6 am sharp and sure enough 6:30 am he was up that next morning. Hopefully as he gets older it will be easier to leave and do girl get together with friends. I am sure it will.

I wasn't going to post any pictures but Greg took one the other day of Jacob and I, and I absolutely love it! SO here is it:

1 comment:

  1. wow two teeth! craziness!!
    Good to hear that WIC is helping out with the cost of formula.. we spend about $120/mth on formula now.. which is half of our baby bonus cheque :P

    as for the work from home.. do you have any hobbies like knitting that you could start a business from??

    ReplyDelete